måndag 26 mars 2012

MyAnna Buring Talks About Tanya & 'Breaking Dawn Part 1 & 2' At The 'Empire Awards'(video)



From source: GlamourUK
Twilight star MyAnna Buring talks exclusively to GLAMOUR.com about her role as Tanya in Breaking Dawn

What appealed to you about the role of Tanya?

I was a big fan of the Twilight books, and also Bill Condon. So when Bill and Stephenie Meyers wanted me to play Tanya it was a chance to work with two people whose work I love. On top of that I loved the idea of playing a vampire, and to be one of the new characters introduced in the final Twilight Saga installments.

Your relationship with Edward Cullen is quite complicated. How did you get that to come across in Breaking Dawn?

Well Tanya has always held a torch for Edward, which sadly for her is a feeling that has never been reciprocated. To go into the details of that story was impossible in Breaking Dawn - as it is a separate story and we simply didn't have the time to incorporate it. So it just functioned as information and history for me playing Tanya. As she never displayed any jealous behaviour towards Edward and Bella's union in the books, Bill and I decided that she had the experience and the grace to let go of the things she could not change. We did however shoot a scene where she teased and joked with Edward about being jealous that he'd tied the knot. But it had to be cut because it was too long.

You have some exciting scenes coming up in Breaking Dawn 2 - which was the favourite to film?

The final scenes - and the scene when Renesmee was revealed were my favourite.

Did you have to do any stunts? Did you find them fun or dread them?

I love doing stunts. One stunt involved me having to throw myself onto snow, and ice, and slide on my front for a couple of metres, in rather thin clothing. Initially our stunt woman was going to do it but, at the very end of the day, Bill came up to me and said "it has to be you". It was freezing cold, we were loosing light, up against it with time, and everyone was cold and tired. I managed to do it in one take - I've never seen a crew happier! That was fun.

The Twilight cast have been working together for a long time. Was it intimidating coming into the group as a newbie?

No - they were all very welcoming. There were so many newbies, though, that it was probably more intimidating for them!

Who on the cast did you get on best with?

Luckily, I got on with everyone. I spent a lot of time, of course, with my Denali family. We took road trips to New Orleans and Seattle together which was a lot of fun.

How did you find the white make-up?

Initially it was great, but after a while my skin reacted to it. I loved being a vampire but I don't think my skin liked it!

What was it like witnessing first-hand the Twilight fan phenomenon?

Surreal. Most of the time it's been incredible witnessing, and feeling the amount of love so many people have for these books and films.

What are you working on next?

In March White Heat airs on BBC2. In it I play a young art student who moves in with six strangers in London. These strangers become the most important people in each others' lives and the series follows their lives from 1965 to present day. Right now I'm filming a series for BBC1 with Christopher Eccleston called The Fuse, which is directed by Tom Green.

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 is out now on DVD and Blu-ray

Video Source: via Twilightish via Fiercebitchstew
Article Source: via Twifans

Source: via Robstenation via TodoTwilightSaga

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...